Clinical Guidelines for Implant-Supported Overdentures
- Date: June 10, 2022
- Registration: 7:30 AM
- Lecture: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Venue: AC HOTEL Portsmouth, 299 Vaughan Street, Portsmouth, NH, 03801
- CE Credit: 7 Didactic
Instructor: Amy L. Ridall, DDS, MS, PhD
This program will provide a literature-based, systematic approach aimed at helping clinicians with treatment planning and the decision-making process for patients who would benefit from implant-supported overdenture therapy. The discussion will include an overview of the key clinical steps necessary for providing this care.
At the completion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Understand the literature pertinent to planning treatment of edentulous and partially edentulous patients.
- Identify the indications and contraindications for providing treatment with removable implant prosthodontics.
- Understand that patient preferences may be different from patient needs, clinical factors, and finances, and be able to explain the economic differences between fixed and removable prostheses.
- Understand how to modify a mandibular complete denture for use as an implant-retained overdenture.